Mayweather vs Mosley | Mayweather vs Mosley News | Mayweather vs Mosley Updates | Mayweather Mosley 24/7 Episodes | Mayweather vs Mosley Online Live Streaming

Mayweather vs Ortiz Online Live Streaming

Mayweather vs Ortiz Online Live Streaming, News and Updates, Mayweather Ortiz 24/7

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

SHANE MOSLEY: "I'M READY TO GO INTO THE HISTORY BOOKS AS BEING THE GUY WHO BEAT FLOYD"

Mayweather Mosley 24/7 Episodes, Mayweather vs Mosley, Mayweather vs Mosley News, Mayweather vs Mosley Online Live Streaming, Mayweather vs Mosley Updates
Mayweather vs Mosley
By Andre Zurbrug | April 20, 2010

"I mean, if he wants to fight for the money, to each his own, but, you know, I love the glory, the legendary status of being a champion and winning belts and beating the best guys out there. If you do that, the money is going to come regardless...this is a challenge that I'm ready to take and I'm ready to go into the history books as being the guy who beat Floyd Mayweather," stated WBA welterweight champion Shane Mosley as he talked about his upcoming showdown with Floyd Mayweather Jr. during a conference call with the media earlier today. Check out what else he had to say.

On his training camp...

I'm happy that the fight is taking place. I'm happy with the training camp that we've been doing with Naazim...I'm just happy and excited to show myself May 1st. It's going to be very exciting. I'm in great shape; I'm in tremendous shape and I'm ready to take on Mayweather.

This camp has been like a family and I'm happy to have all of them contributing.

On what a victory over Mayweather would do for his legacy...

I think a victory would do very good; it gives the people a chance to see that Sugar Shane really means business when he gets in that ring and fights.

It's gonna be great.

On Floyd's comments about being better than Muhammad Ali and Sugar Ray Robinson...

I think that you can't say who's the best without...I think Sugar Ray Robinson was the greatest. I mean, everybody has their own opinions about different fighters and what they can do and their ability and I think that it's important that it's not for myself to tell everybody that I'm the greatest. It's for you guys to decide that, so when the people start deciding that Sugar Ray Robinson's the greatest or Muhammad Ali is the greatest, it's the people that have spoken.

On Floyd's trash talk...

At this point, I'm not angered by it. I'm just trying to go to the fight and be the best I can be in the fight, you know?

On how the BALCO supplements affected him as a fighter...

That's just a stupid question to ask me because I never really did that stuff. I never was on it really like that. I've always been a clean fighter. Actually, I feel good that I've basically been knocking everybody out since 2003 and before 2003. I don't feel that I should be condemned for something that I never tested positive at all. I just told the truth of what happened because the truth was brought to me by the federal people that took me to court or that brought me in as a witness. They brought me in as witness and the truth was revealed to me there.

On working with Naazim Richardson...

He's hard on me and makes sure that I'm prepared mentally and spiritually. I mean, all different ways we have to be prepared to fight and I think that's the difference is being prepared. He's 100% in the game. I'm fighting and he's fighting as well. He's not fighting with his fists and hands, but he's fighting with his mind, which is a good thing, so I'm happy and pleased with everything that's going in my camp.

I think that he brings me back to all the movement and keeping myself sharp and mentally sound.

He's a great trainer. I think he's one of the best, if not the best trainer right now in this era. I couldn't have asked for a better person, a better friend and a better trainer than what I've got right now.

On Floyd's intimidation tactics...

I know that me not reacting to his antics or whatever, that's just me blocking all that stuff out and wanting to fight, you know? I don't really care about the different things that are being said because that doesn't really matter. What matters is the fight and what happens in the fight, so that's my whole interest. I kind of block all that other stuff out.

On fighting bigger opponents in his career...

It helps with the power aspect. I should be able to walk him down a little stronger and better and do different things, you know? I feel good about being in the ring with bigger guys.

On whether or not this is the biggest fight of his career...

Well, I think at this point it'd be the biggest fight for me. I mean, you've got a lot of viewers watching it, it's a fight the world wants to see, so it's a big fight. It's a very big fight and I'm excited.

The first time I fought Oscar, it had it's own significance. It got me who I am today, right now, to be able to fight this type of mega-fight.

This is probably, I consider right now, one of the biggest fights.

On Floyd's attitude towards titles...

Everybody grows up wanting to fight for a belt or wanting to be a world champion...it just doesn't seem like he's in this sport for the sport, you know? He's in it just for the money, which is good, I mean, if he wants to do that; I mean, if he wants to fight for the money, to each his own, but, you know, I love the glory, the legendary status of being a champion and winning belts and beating the best guys out there. If you do that, the money is going to come regardless.

Source: fighthype.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Figther's Record

Floyd Mayweather Jr. Profiles, Statistics and Records
Shane Mosley Profiles, Statistics and Records