Mayweather vs Mosley | Mayweather vs Mosley News | Mayweather vs Mosley Updates | Mayweather Mosley 24/7 Episodes | Mayweather vs Mosley Online Live Streaming

Mayweather vs Ortiz Online Live Streaming

Mayweather vs Ortiz Online Live Streaming, News and Updates, Mayweather Ortiz 24/7

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Floyd Mayweather Jr: “I respect Mosley as a man but he’s gonna have to make me respect his skills come May 1st”

Mayweather vs Mosley, Mayweather vs Mosley News, Mayweather vs Mosley Online Live Streaming, Mayweather vs Mosley Updates
Mayweather vs Mosley
March 2, 2010 – 9:05 am by Chris Fedor

Two months from now will be a mega-fight in Las Vegas between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Shane Mosley. Despite the fact that I’m not getting to see the fight that I want to see between Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao, this is a fight that I will watch. Mosley’s recent destruction of Antonio Margarito made everyone in boxing take notice and he once again elevated himself into the conversation of one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the sport of boxing. Mayweather has been criticized a lot in the past for ducking and dodging certain fighters, but this might be the toughest fight out there for him that doesn’t include the Pacman. Despite the fact that Mosley is 38 years old, he’s the best welterweight in the fight game not named Pacquiao or Mayweather. Not to mention, “Sugar” is also bigger, stronger, and more experienced than Money as well. While it may not be Pacquiao against Mayweather, it’s the next best thing for fight fans and for Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. joined ESPN Radio in New York with Michael Kay to talk about how his upcoming fight on May 1st with Shane Mosley, why this fight didn’t happen earlier in their careers, what he thinks of Mosley as a fighter, and when he expects to finally hang up his gloves.

On his upcoming fight with Shane Mosley:

“Mosley is one of the best Welterweights out there along with myself and some other marquee names. This fight has to happen. Mosley wants the fight, I want the fight and the fans want the fight so we’re gonna make it happen May 1st.”

On why this fight didn’t happen earlier:

“I’ve been trying to fight Mosley since he was dominating at lightweight and I was dominating at junior lightweight. For those that’s listening and don’t know what junior lightweight is that’s 130 and at that particular time Mosley was at 135. He didn’t want to fight me back then, he moved on to other things and I moved on and kept dominating the sport. I moved up in weight classes and he moved up in weight classes. All of the sudden I’m the biggest draw and the biggest name in the sport of boxing and he wants to fight me. So we’re gonna make it happen.”

On whether or not it’s his goal to finish his career undefeated:

“The main thing is just being the best that I can be. Knowing that I went out there every night and performed at my best. I don’t wanna look back and say well I coulda done this. That’s why when I’m in the gym and training I’m pushing myself to the limit because I don’t want there to be no excuses.”

On whether or not he thinks Mosley is in his class:

“Yeah, Mosley’s a good fighter. (Host: Well, he’s no Floyd Mayweather) I’m not bragging or boasting you know. I’m Floyd Mayweather and he’s Shane Mosley. We do things in different ways. We approach fights in different ways. I think Mosley is going to be at his best. He’s gonna bring his best, he’s gonna bring his all and that’s why the title of this fight is who are you picking? Mosley is gonna come out and fight hard, he switched trainers so he’s got a pretty good trainer and I think Mosely always comes prepared mentally as well as physically. Me, I’m just gonna be the same Floyd Mayweather. Go out there, work hard, always be patient, and be in control.”

On whether or not Mosley can keep up with his speed:

“We don’t know. That’s what we were talking about earlier. I respect Mosley as a man but he’s gonna have to make me respect his skills come May 1st.”

On whether or not he demanded the same things from Mosley that he did from Pacquiao:

“Yes and we both agreed. In the past, Mosley has won championships and has won a lot of big fights but Mosley was on steroids. It never showed up in a urine test. It never showed up in a urine test so we don’t know how many fights Mosley won on Hasmin drugs.”

On when he expects to retire:

“I don’t know. I don’t know. Mosley and a few more fights than I’ll probably be ready to hang it back up.”

Source: sportsradiointerviews.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Figther's Record

Floyd Mayweather Jr. Profiles, Statistics and Records
Shane Mosley Profiles, Statistics and Records