Mayweather vs Mosley | Mayweather vs Mosley News | Mayweather vs Mosley Updates | Mayweather Mosley 24/7 Episodes | Mayweather vs Mosley Online Live Streaming

Mayweather vs Ortiz Online Live Streaming

Mayweather vs Ortiz Online Live Streaming, News and Updates, Mayweather Ortiz 24/7

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Mayweather: "I'm the best fighter to ever live"

Mayweather Mosley 24/7 Episodes, Mayweather vs Mosley, Mayweather vs Mosley News, Mayweather vs Mosley Online Live Streaming, Mayweather vs Mosley Updates
Mayweather vs Mosley
No one can deny that Floyd Mayweather Jr. is as gifted a boxer as we've seen in recent memory but "Greatest of All Time"? Despite being 40-0, that might be a stretch even at this point in his career. Not so, says Mayweather who recently said he was just that on ESPN Radio. He repeated that sentiment in a sit down interview on ESPN.com.

Mayweather spoke on SPORTSCENTER this week about his upcoming fight with Shane Mosley. He explained that he took the fight because Mosley is one of the best welterweights of this era, along with himself before following it up by saying "I'm one of the best fighters to ever live."

"I take my hat off to Sugar Ray Robinson and Muhammad Ali and Sugar Ray Leonard and all those legendary champions but I gave the sport of boxing my whole life to be the best and I think I've earned the right to say that I'm the best fighter to ever live," explained Mayweather.

Bold statements that's for sure.

As for the fight, Floyd said that Mosley has been out of character during their press tour by talking trash; something he's not known for. He also said that with five losses on Mosley's resume, he feels there's an obvious blueprint for beating him while one doesn't exist for him.

Asked about Manny Pacquiao, Mayweather refused to answer the question as to whether or not he'll watch his fight with Joshua Clottey next weekend and also reiterated that he wants to help clean up the sport.

"I'm here to clean up the sport of boxing. My sport isn't like any other sport. We're not cheating over here. We want to separate the ordinary from the good from the great. I'm a great one because I ain't ever used any performance enhancing drugs. All these fighters in today's time and all these athletes are cheating. If you gotta cheat to win, I don't think that's cool at all. How you gonna call yourself an all-time great if you're cheating?"

Your thoughts?

Source: Examiner.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Figther's Record

Floyd Mayweather Jr. Profiles, Statistics and Records
Shane Mosley Profiles, Statistics and Records