Mayweather vs Mosley | Mayweather vs Mosley News | Mayweather vs Mosley Updates | Mayweather Mosley 24/7 Episodes | Mayweather vs Mosley Online Live Streaming

Mayweather vs Ortiz Online Live Streaming

Mayweather vs Ortiz Online Live Streaming, News and Updates, Mayweather Ortiz 24/7

Saturday, April 10, 2010

FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR.: "IT'S OBVIOUS I GOT TO THIS POINT DOING SOMETHING RIGHT"

Mayweather Mosley 24/7 Episodes, Mayweather vs Mosley, Mayweather vs Mosley News, Mayweather vs Mosley Online Live Streaming, Mayweather vs Mosley Updates
Mayweather vs Mosley
By Andre Zurbrug | April 09, 2010

"Money Mayweather is a character and that's what these fighters need to learn about business. If you add the character, you'll have something to sell, but a lot of these fighters don't have nothing to sell because they don't have no personality...it's obvious I got to this point doing something right. You know? I'm not out there making 30 and 40 million dollar paydays not doing something right, so it's obvious Floyd Mayweather is doing something right. But when you look at Shane Mosley, you say, okay, Shane Mosley, he's a good fighter. He's a fighter. You look at Bernard Hopkins, De La Hoy, Manny Pacquiao, Cotto; you look at all of them, I don't take nothing away from them. They're all good fighters. The thing about Floyd Mayweather is I'm an entertainer, period," stated Floyd Mayweather in a recent interview to hype up Saturday night's debut of HBO Sports 24/7 Mayweather/Mosley and his upcoming clash with Shane Mosley. Check out what else he had to say.

FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR.:

I think Mosley has, um, I think he's a good fighter. He beat the fighters that he beat, I beat the fighters that I beat and, you know, May 1st is me and him. If I fight Mosley and he want a rematch, I'll give him a rematch. After this, then if Pacquiao want it, he can get it too.

Like I said before, I'm the clean athlete when it's all said and done. I can't say what Pacquiao's done, but I know he didn't want to take a 25 million dollar drug test and, you know, I never tested positive for nothing. And so if you got Margarito that was cheating, you got Shane that was cheating; if Margarito got suspended, he should have got suspended also. So we don't really know how many fights Shane really won without being on enhancement drugs.

It's so many fighters, once I beat them, it's always an excuse. "Well he had problems making weight. Well he was over the hill and he was too small." I was a small man also. I used to be small and I came up. You know, like Golden Boy, I don't got nothing against them, but, you know, they own the Ring Magazine, but they gonna put me on most of the covers because they know that when people walk by the shelf, they gonna say, "Oh, I'm gonna pick it up 'cause Mayweather's on the cover."

And the thing people need to realize, Money Mayweather is a character and that's what these fighters need to learn about business. If you add the character, you'll have something to sell, but a lot of these fighters don't have nothing to sell because they don't have no personality. You know, you say, "This is Shane's first 24/7." This ain't my first 24/7. This is the man who created 24/7. You know, this is where it all started from. You know what I'm saying? When you get to talking about who hold the record for pay-per-view, you looking at him! You know what I'm saying? Who took less punishment? You looking at him! Who land [punches] on the highest percentage in boxing history? You looking at him! Who had the highest gate? You looking at him! You know, with or without Shane, I'm gonna be fine.

Like I said, all roads lead to Floyd Mayweather. That's why every fighter, they chasing me. I don't gotta chase nobody. I've been off 2 years and come back, everybody chasing me. "Oh, who you wanna fight? I want to fight Mayweather. Who you want to fight? I want to fight Mayweather." You don't hear nobody saying, "Oh yeah, I want to fight Shane." You gotta realize, the commentators, they want you to be, you know, basically, "Oh, yes sir. Thank you for everything you gave me. I appreciate it. He's the toughest guy I ever faced." That's not me, man. That's not me. Let me be who I am. This is me.

And it's obvious I got to this point doing something right. You know? I'm not out there making 30 and 40 million dollar paydays not doing something right, so it's obvious Floyd Mayweather is doing something right. But when you look at Shane Mosley, you say, okay, Shane Mosley, he's a good fighter. He's a fighter. You look at Bernard Hopkins, De La Hoy, Manny Pacquiao, Cotto; you look at all of them, I don't take nothing away from them. They're all good fighters. The thing about Floyd Mayweather is I'm an entertainer, period! You gotta realize without boxing, I done made millions. And when you a real entertainer, when you a mega-superstar, you can go to other things and blow up and make things happen. You can put $100,000 on Floyd and it become $100,000,000 eventually.

I'm like the kid on Troy, I'm solo. I'm like the Gladiator, I'm dolo, I'm by myself. I'm not with Top Rank, I'm not with Golden Boy, you know? Mayweather Promotions, we don't need 1000 fights, we need just 1 that can generate hundreds of millions by itself. You know what I'm saying? 85% of the pay-per-view is all generated when Floyd Mayweather lace up and so whoever I get in there with or how my gate gonna look, they always gonna say, "Oh, it's because of this guy or because of that guy." Man, like I said, I'm always in a no-win situation.

And like I said before, because Shane got in the ring and said what he said, I ain't got no hard feelings towards him. My job is to go out there and do what I do best and that's to stay in control and stay relaxed at all times and that's what I do. See Shane and other fighters, they can fight 3 and 4 times a year. I can't. You know, when Floyd Mayweather fight, it's like the All-Star, it's like the Superbowl. It comes once a year, you know what I'm saying, so you better pay and watch!

Source: fighthype.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Figther's Record

Floyd Mayweather Jr. Profiles, Statistics and Records
Shane Mosley Profiles, Statistics and Records