Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Mayweather vs Mosley
By Ronnie Nathanielsz
Tue, 06 Apr 2010
The executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission has disclosed that Floyd Mayweather Jr and Shane Mosley have already been tested for any illegal substance by the US Anti Doping Agency.
Keith Kizer told insidesports.ph, Standard Today and Viva Sports that he was informed by Golden Boy Promotions who will stage the May showdown at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada that “both boxers have taken at least one test already.”
However, there were no details on when and where the tests had been taken or what the results are, up to now.
Asked whether the USADA test results would be passed on to the Nevada State Athletic Commission, Kizer said “I have been told they will be.”
At the same time the NSAC executive director disclosed that the Commission “tested Mr. Mayweather in late December and his test was negative for any prohibited substance.”
The Mayweather-Mosley fight was agreed upon after a big money fight between reigning pound-for-pound king and “Fighter of the Decade” Manny Pacquiao and Mayweather Jr fell through on the disagreement of the cutoff date for random drug tests.
Pacquiao agreed to a cut-off date for the random drug tests 24 days before their scheduled fight but Mayweather Jr and his handlers insisted on 14 days resulting in the scuttling of the fight which was expected to generate $40 million in revenues for each fighter.
Meantime, Top Rank promoter Bob Arum has insisted that the lawsuit filed against Golden Boy Promotions and the father-and-son tandem of Floyd Mayweather Sr and Jr, who accused Pacquiao of taking performance enhancing drugs, will proceed and that there was no possible trade-off where the fight would take place after the lawsuit is dropped in exchange for the dropping of the demand for random drug tests.