Mayweather vs Mosley | Mayweather vs Mosley News | Mayweather vs Mosley Updates | Mayweather Mosley 24/7 Episodes | Mayweather vs Mosley Online Live Streaming

Mayweather vs Ortiz Online Live Streaming

Mayweather vs Ortiz Online Live Streaming, News and Updates, Mayweather Ortiz 24/7

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

High-profile lineup of fighters, trainers, and boxing insiders give their take on Mayweather-Mosley

Mayweather Mosley 24/7 Episodes, Mayweather vs Mosley, Mayweather vs Mosley Online Live Streaming
Mayweather vs Mosley
Las Vegas Boxing Examiner | Chris Robinson

We are currently in the midst of yet another big fight week in the world of boxing as the Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Shane Mosley clash is just around the corner. The MGM Grand in Las Vegas will play host to the two combatants this Saturday night and it is a showdown that people have been waiting many years for.

In Mayweather we have a man who has yet to be defeated despite his slew of detractors. Floyd’s ego seems to boil over more times than not and it is what has garnered him his share of hate in recent years. Still, you can’t deny the abilities that the Grand Rapids native possesses and at 33 years old he shows little signs of slowing down.

In Mosley we have a man who has truly lived the fighter’s life, experiencing the highest of highs and the lowest of lows on a world class on many occasions. Despite being written off time and time again the Pomona, California fighter has found a way to constantly reinvent himself and looked as sensational as ever in his last bout, a ninth round thrashing of Antonio Margarito in front of a shocked crowd at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

As the bout draws near many people have weighed in with their thoughts on the fight. While nearly everyone agrees that the contest will be competitive the consensus seems to be that Mayweather will have the edge. Read below to see what a bevy of fighters, trainers, and boxing insiders are saying about Mayweather vs. Mosley…


Trainer Naazim Richardson
“We went about our business as normal. Like I have been saying, you can’t make more out of the fight than it really is. Sometimes people get caught up and carried away because we are fighting this kid instead of just putting Shane in the best position he should be in. He’s finally found the fight he has been looking for. Right now he has the experience factor and he has maintained his body to the point where his speed is still there. But he has the experience behind it and that’s what he has to fall back on.”

Former jr. welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi
“People get on Floyd’s back for not fighting certain top fighters but fighting Shane Mosley makes a statement in itself. Shane is a dangerous fighter, but I can see Floyd making adjustments during the fight. He’s a very cerebral fighter. It’s why I can see him winning a decision.”

Boxing trainer Justin Fortune
“I really would want Shane to win. I like Shane a lot but I don’t know, the best guy on the night [will win]. They are both very talented so it’s a really interesting fight.”

Trainer Roger Mayweather
““I think [Mosley] is one of the guys that is a threat to a certain degree. He has decent hand speed but I think what people are going to find out is that it is going to be very shocking what speed can do. I think they are going to find out what they think speed can do and what abilities Floyd has that can control that hand speed.””

IBF and WBC jr. welterweight champion Devon Alexander
“That’s another tricky one. Shane does have the power and if he can land that power it will depend on how Mayweather can take it. I think overall Mayweather can box him. Shane has always had trouble with good boxers and speed fighters. I think that’s what is going to happen.”

Former light heavyweight champion and Las Vegas based trainer Eddie Mustafa Muhammad
“First of all I commend both of them for giving the fans what they really want to see. Two of the best fighters in the world in an era where they both were good. As far as picking a winner I don’t want to pick a winner because I am good friends with both of them and I want it to remain like. I can tell you it is going to be a very competitive fight.”

Timothy Bradley, WBO jr. welterweight champion
“I’m going to go with Mayweather for this fight. I think Mosley will be in a lot of trouble against a boxer like Mayweather, as opposed to someone who comes slugging at him. Mosley will have to be the aggressor and that’s not his style. Mayweather will use his movement and pot shot.”

Showtime analyst Steve Farhood
“I like Mayweather on points, and I hate to be predictable, but I’m not picking against Mayweather in any fight that can be made right now, Pacquiao included. Mosley is a severe and very possibly Mayweather’s toughest test. Mosley’s combination of size, experience, and speed should give Mayweather plenty of problems. But if Cotto can outbox Mosley, which he did in plenty of spots, I don’t doubt Mayweather could do the same thing. Mayweather by decision.”

Heavyweight contender Chris Arreola
“Floyd. He’s just Floyd man. He’s a defensive master dude.”

Welterweight hopeful Rashad Holloway
“I think Shane has a shot. He has always had trouble with speed and movement and if Floyd sticks to his game plan, from what I have heard, I don’t know which way it is going. I have heard that Floyd wants to go in there and be aggressive and go after him. Floyd can fight on the inside. Shane is very strong, maybe not the greatest fighter on the inside, but I think that is a mistake to stand in front of Shane Mosley. He should try to box and move. I think he wants to prove how tough he is. Floyd can do it all and I think he is the better fighter on the outside in this fight.”

Floyd Mayweather Sr.
“Shane has a good chance of being knocked out too. If you attack the body you have a better chance of breaking him down. Everybody you know who has hit him to the body has caused him problems. [Floyd] pours a lot of energy into his fights and the whole thing is he is going to be up to the fight. Shane has finally stepped up because he has no choice but to step up. He has borrowed money from Golden Boy and that tells you something isn’t right.”

MaxBoxing columnist Gabriel Montoya
“It’s a great fight. A very significant fight historically. You have a guy who was the linear champion in Floyd Mayweather against the guy who everybody considers the best Welterweight not named Paul Williams in Shane Mosley. I think it’s a perfect fight, maybe about three or five years past where we really should have had it and it would have been a lot more competitive. I like Mayweather’s intelligence, his speed, and his superior technique to take a decision over Shane Mosley. But he has a very fast, athletic style and he has a puncher’s chance.”

Former jr. featherweight champion Israel Vasquez
“Mosley. Because Mosley has speed and power. And Mayweather is sometimes too slow. He doesn’t throw too many punches within three or four seconds.”

Super Middleweight contender Dyah Davis
“That’s a pick em’ fight man. I think that fight probably should have been made a few years ago. I like Shane but I think Floyd is going to take a decision. Floyd is good for the game but I think a lot more people want to see him get defeated and are more interesting in tuning in to see that happen more than anything else.”

Philadelphia Daily News correspondent Bernard Fernandez
“I was one of the few who said that Mayweather was number one in the pound for pound poll. Mayweather isn’t as good as he thinks he is, but he’s better than just about everyone else out there. It’s a very attractive matchup. I wouldn’t put it past Shane to reach back in time when he was at his very best. I’m going with Floyd based on the fact he’s still undefeated. Floyd will win by decision.”

Ring contributor Doug Fischer
“I think it’s a really good matchup. It’s the fight that I am most looking forward to this year. I think they match up very well style wise and they mesh. You have a boxer against an aggressive boxer-puncher. I favor the older man, Shane Mosley. I just think he is going to be the aggressor throughout the bout. He’s going to be throwing hard punches from the first round until the 12th round. I just don’t see Mayweather doing anything to really get Mosley’s respect of keep him off of him. I do think he will box well in many rounds but I don’t know if that will be enough for him to win the majority of rounds on all three judges’ cards.”

ESPN Analyst Brian Kenny
“I love the fight. I think it’s the second fight Mayweather should have had. I still see the fight going the way all Floyd Mayweather fights go. I was extremely impressed by what Floyd did against Marquez. He was on point, his game plan was tight. I don’t see him taking a lot of shots from Shane, but if you can’t hit the guy, you can’t beat him.”

Trainer Macka Foley
“Alright here’s the prediction. Twelve rounds, unanimous decision, Floyd Mayweather in one of the most boring fights since Mayweather-De La Hoya. Because Floyd doesn’t want to engage and he’s fast enough to pitter patter and run. He’s just gonna touch and go and pretty soon it’s gonna be the 8th, 9th, and 10th rounds and Mosley is going to be behind. Mayweather is too young and fluid.”

Promoter Lou Dibella
“Right now I feel that Mayweather will win a clear-cut, non-controversial decision. If you asked me a few years ago, it would have been a different decision. But look at Margarito’s face when he went into the ring that night. He had to be a complete wreck walking out with his advantages gone. As marvelous as I think Shane is, I go with Mayweather by clear decision.”

Light heavyweight contender Chad Dawson
“Those are two fighters that I respect, and they’ve both done great things in boxing. Floyd’s skills, his hand speed, and accuracy make him tough to beat. I think it will be a tough and competitive fight. I give Shane a great shot to win. Shane is a little older, but I’m looking at what Shane did against Margarito, and if that Shane shows up, Floyd is going to be in for a tough night. Shane’s wanted this fight for a long time. That will come out. But this is a fight where boxing will be the difference. It’s why I think Floyd will win by decision. But it’s going to be a great fight.”

West Coast boxing scribe David Avila
“I know that Mosley had followed Floyd for a long time so he knows what he is going to get. He knows what Floyd likes to do and vice versa, Floyd knows what Shane likes to do. I think that the first round will be kind of fast paced and the fight will settle down after that. It will be all about who can adapt better, who is in better shape, and I think the main thing is going to be about conditioning. Can Shane contain his pace and not let Floyd get into his pace.”

WBC welterweight champion Andre Berto
“It’s going to definitely be a competitive fight. Mosley can’t let Floyd get too comfortable. Shane has the speed and power to offset Floyd’s technique. It will be a toss-up, but I’ll say Floyd by decision.”

Source: Examiner.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Figther's Record

Floyd Mayweather Jr. Profiles, Statistics and Records
Shane Mosley Profiles, Statistics and Records